Oorja Foundations is a community based Not for profit organisation based in Melbourne, Australia. Oorja Foundation was formed in July 2014 to respond to issues affecting the Indian migrant community in Melbourne (specifically the large proportion of Indian migrants residing in the Hume LGA).
The foundation focuses on issues of domestic violence, inter-generational conflict, child safety, elder abuse and social isolation effecting the elderly.
Our key action areas include:
- Working with families around issues such as domestic violence, intergenerational conflicts, and drug and alcohol related problems.
- Developing, maintaining and preserving cultural values among migrants.
- Educating local, wider and migrant communities to live together in a healthy and sustainable environment.
- Promoting equality in our communities by positively addressing racism and discrimination.
- Working towards a world without violence.